One of my favorite appetizers is Shishito Peppers – they’re mostly sweet but about one in every ten is spicy. And the heat isn’t unbearable, but it’s a little bit like Russian Roulette to eat them with other people and not know if you will get any spicy ones, or worse, if you get five spicy ones in a row. I was having a few friends over and I knew this would be a fun appetizer to make in my Cast Iron Skillet. I also really wanted a reason to use my new spices. Aromasong sent me some beautiful spices and I knew the Fiery Dragon would pair perfectly with my favorite peppers. Not only were these delicious, they were so easy and fun to enjoy.
- 4 cups shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt or sea salt
- Aromasong Fiery Dragon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Drizzle olive oil in the skillet on medium heat until warm.
- Transfer the peppers to the cast iron skillet and sprinkle with salt and fiery dragon seasoning.
- Toss the peppers so they are evenly coated and cook until they begin to blister, 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a plate and sprinkle with extra salt, fiery dragon seasoning, and lemon juice.
This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
You can see what other dishes I’m cooking, here.
Looking for a place to eat? Check out Rachel’s Baltimore Restaurant List.
While Aromasong provided me with the seasoning for this post, all views stated her are my own.