A few weeks ago, I bought myself a NutriBullet Blender and I have been obsessed with it. Sauce, hummus, smoothies, if you can blend it, I’ve tried to make it. But one of my favorite things to make it hummus. I’ve shared my avocado hummus recipe – and I have plenty more variations I’ve made and want to make up my sleeve. But time and time again I always come back to this traditional recipe. It’s a crowd pleaser and I regularly toss it in a bowl of quinoa with veggies for lunch. Safe to say, I make a batch of this almost once a week.
- 2 TBSP of Tahini
- 15 oz of Chick peas
- 2- 3 cloves garlic
- zest of one lemon
- 3 TBSP of lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- Place tahini, chick peas, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Top with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, warm pita bread or veggies.
This is recipe is gluten free and vegan.
Categories: Mediterranean Food, My Kitchen
I loooove humus so much! I definitely can’t wait to try out this recipe.
Love this! How beautiful!!
Thanks! It’s soooo delicious too!
I’ve always wanted to make hummus this looks so good!
It’s soooo easy!
I will be adding this to my list of recipes!!
I LOVE homemade hummus. You’ve inspired me to make it again, it’s been awhile.
A few weeks ago I shared an avocado hummus that was SO creamy! I make hummus whenever I entertain.
YUM! I’ve always wanted to make my own hummus. And I LOVE my Nutribullet, I use it almost every day for smoothies and shakes!
xo Anna Elizabeth