Bright Farms sent me some delicious fresh greens last week that I couldn’t wait to turn into my favorite salad. Fun fact, Bright Farms provides their greens exclusively with Giant which is perfect because there are plenty of them near where I live.
Now that the weather is heating up, salad has become one of my go-to’s for dinner. It’s so light and easy to pull together – having a salad for dinner gives me plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful weather outside. Temps in the upper 70’s? Sign me up! But, I also do my best to add plenty of protein to the salad so I’m not hungry again in an hour.
- Bright Farms Local Mixed Greens
- Bright Farms Subtly Spicy Local Baby Arugula
- 1 can of Corn (15.25 oz) – if it’s in season, by all means use fresh corn
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 1/2 minute eggs – Bon Apetit has some great instructions, this can be done ahead of time.
- Drunken Goat Cheese or another semi soft cheese of your choosing
- 5 oz New York Strip Steak
- Your favorite salad dressing – I went with Balsamic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat until shimmering.
Add corn kernels, season to taste with salt, let sit until cooked through tossing occasionally.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in half and cut the cheese into small bite sized cubes.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper generously on each side.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a cast iron skillet until shimmering.
- Lay the steak on the hot skillet and cook it for roughly six minutes on each side depending on how thick of a cut of beef you have. If you like your steak more well done, cook the meat for longer.
- When your steak is cooked, take it off of the heat and place on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the eggs
- When the water reaches a slow boil, gently place the eggs in the pot and cook for 6 1/2 minutes.
- While the eggs are being prepared, toss the lettuce with the corn, cheese, and cherry tomatoes and plate in individual bowls.
- Take the eggs off of the heat and shock in an ice bath to stop them from cooking.
- Slice your steak into strips to be placed atop the lettuce.
- Cut the egg in half and place in your salad bowl.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing.
- Season with salt + pepper
This recipe is gluten-free.
You can purchase your own customized Words With Boards cutting board, here. Use ‘like15’ for a discount!
You can see what other dishes I’m cooking, here.
Drooling for more? Check me out on Facebook and Instagram.
Looking for a place to eat? Check out Rachel’s Baltimore Restaurant List.
While Bright Farms provided me with the lettuce for this post, all views stated here are my own.
Categories: Cheap Eats, My Kitchen, Sponsored
A great +easy summer recipe for sure!
This looks AMAZING! Definitely making this this season. Thanks for sharing, babe!
xo Anna Elizabeth