I have a love affair with grilled peaches. Well, any peaches really. At the peak of their season they’re so juicy. And sweet. And I’m drooling now just thinking about them. Often in the summer if I’m already grilling, I’ll halve some peaches and throw then on the grill for a super healthy and tasty dessert. I had a great meal at PasturePasture in Richmond and one of my favorite dishes was a salad that included pickled peaches. The salad was fantastic so when I was back in my kitchen, I wanted to rebuild some of those tasty flavors.
Honestly, this salad has become one of my go-to’s on a busy night. The chipotle ranch dressing I store in the fridge and I throw the ingredients together in about ten minutes whenever I want something sweet, and slightly spicy – which is always. It also makes for a super flavorful lunch.
- 2-3 Peaches
- Corn, 15oz can
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 medium Cucumber
- Ranch Dressing, I prefer Hidden Valley
- Chipotles in Adobo, 7oz can
- Olive Oil
- In a small blender combine ranch dressing with the chipotles. Begin by adding ranch and slowly add the chipotle peppers and some adobo sauce until it meets your desired heat preference. I typically combine 2 cups of dressing with 2 peppers and a tablespoon of adobo. Set aside.
- In a skillet, lightly sauté the corn until it is cooked through
- Halve and pit the peaches and brush with olive oil. Place over a grill or grill-pan on a stove over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until you see nice grill marks on your peaches. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and chop your romaine and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Gently toss in the corn.
- Slice your peaches and place atop your salad.
- Drizzle with salad dressing
This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free