A few weeks ago, I bought myself a NutriBullet Blender and I have been obsessed with it. Sauce, hummus, smoothies, if you can blend it, I’ve tried to make it. But one of my favorite things to make it hummus. I’ve shared my avocado hummus recipe – and I have plenty more variations I’ve made and want to make up my sleeve. But time and time again I always come back to this traditional recipe. It’s a crowd pleaser and I regularly toss it in a bowl of quinoa with veggies for lunch. Safe to say, I make a batch of this almost once a week.
- 2 TBSP of Tahini
- 15 oz of Chick peas
- 2- 3 cloves garlic
- zest of one lemon
- 3 TBSP of lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- Place tahini, chick peas, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Top with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, warm pita bread or veggies.
This is recipe is gluten free and vegan.