I’m a huge fan of Pitaya (dragon fruit). Not only is it stunning, but it’s high in vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, fiber, and antioxidants. That’s perfect for anyone who is looking to kick off a healthier lifestyle in the new year while keeping breakfast easy. Smoothies and smoothie bowls have really become some of my go-to meals recently. They are filing, delicious, and there is very little clean up which is a huge bonus in my book.
Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
This healthy smoothie bowl is perfect for breakfast at home every day of the week.
- 1 Pitaya Plus Smoothie Pack
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Water Add more or less depending on your desired consistency
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 10 Strawberries
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Home Farm Blueberry Granola
- 1 TBSP Honey For additional sweetness, if needed
Add Pitaya Plus smoothie pack, 5 strawberries, most of the blueberries, and coconut water to the blender
Blend until all chunks are gone. (If you'd like the smoothie bowl to be thinner, add additional coconut water)
Pour into a bowl
Top with Sweet Home Farm granola, strawberries, and reserved blueberries
Drizzle with honey for additional sweetness if necessary
- Customize this bowl by topping it with whatever fruit you'd like. Kiwi and bananas also work great with pitaya
- If your local supermarket sells pitaya (or dragonfruit), you can replace the smoothie pack for 1/2 of a pitaya and a handful of ice cubes (about 6)
- My blender of choice is the Nutribullet
While Sweet Home Farm and Pitaya Plus provided me with some ingredients, all views stated here are my own.
For more drool worthy pictures, follow me on Facebook or Instagram.
Be sure to subscribe to my blog for the latest and greatest.
Categories: American Food, Cuisine, My Kitchen, Sponsored